2011년 11월 15일 화요일

WHAT ALL WOMEN LIKE-THEIR TWENTIES!

ALL WOMEN LIKE THEIR TWENTIES, DREAM ABOUT THEIR TWENTIES, AND REMENISCE ABOUT THEIR TWENTIES


     Age ‘twenty’ is the best period of life to every people. Twenty is when you can enjoy your freedom to the fullest. Twenty is the last period you can be free from responsibilities. Twenty is the age you can make romantic stories in your life. And twenty is the age you have all the open opportunities and chances. But somehow, ‘twenty’ seems to be more special to women, typically.







     A teenage girl wakes up in the morning disheveled. She has a light breakfast, brush her teeth and wash her face. Then, she finally gets into the real important procedure of her morning. She sits in front of the mirror. She takes out her pouch. Blusher, ready. Mascara, ready. Lip gloss, ready. After she finishes adorning her face, she gets to the next stage. She take out a curling iron, heat it, and then wave her hair. Final stage. She opens her wardrobe. It’s a fashion emergency, again. She think of every possible clothes she can wear, and after careful consideration, she finally makes her decision of which cloth to wear. All set. The girl leaves to school.

     Yes, in their daily life, teenage girls take exceptionally much care of how they appear. They love to go on a shopping spree looking for cosmetics and clothes. They spend much time looking in the mirror, including morning. They love proms. They love preparing for proms, searching for the best high-heeled shoes and low-cut dresses. All their behaviors meet at one will-will to look like a ‘cool twenty’.







     I returned home after two exhausting weeks in KMLA. I had a lot of things I wanted to talk to my mom. Good news, bad news, and personal agonies, I had hundreds of issues to say to my mom. But when I got off a bus, my mom hugged me. I was a little embarrassed because we haven’t had hugs since I was an elementary kid. Anyway, she used her childlike charms as she nagged, saying “Inhee, your sister doesn’t answer my phone calls. Help me, help me!” So what came to my mind was, she was becoming ‘cuter and younger’. Then I thought, she isn’t the only grown up woman who is becoming ‘cuter and younger’.

     Walking down the street you can see women in their middle age with a big yellow ribbon on their head. They wear sparkling clothes and short skirts. They wear pink hair band sometimes, and accessorize themselves with fancy shining jewelries. They get Botox to smooth their creases. Wishing to have a soft skin like babies, they do heavy make-ups. They, especially Korean women, dye their hair light brown. They truly wish to go back to their ‘vigorous twenties’.




     Dreaming about twenties and reminiscing about twenties are all good. These longing hopes can vitalize one’s life. I mean, I’m not too critical about women loving their twenties, as I’m one of those ‘women’. One little hope of mine is that, no one will go too far. :)

댓글 3개:

  1. Your posting reminds me of my grandmother! My grandma is a 신세대. I was really surprised when I found out that she was a blogger...

    답글삭제
  2. Good post. But you did this assignment a bit early. The TED/SAT words one is more important at this time.

    답글삭제
  3. Excellent post, actually. I didn't really read it last time. This almost sounds like an "article" from Vogue magazine or some sort of women's magazine. I guess it is true, especially in Korea. Women look and act younger, and it's a good thing - especially for men. I'm not sure if this is your "reflective" or extra writing, but it's good.

    답글삭제